Thursday, May 22, 2008

Any Publicity is Better than no Publicity

I guess any publicity is better than none. Here's an article about the place that saved my life. The article is about the "inadequate aftercare" and how dangerous it can be. The message is, "They make you drink until you puke and then give you Sodium Penathol to make sure you don't lie." Yes! They do make you drink until you puke! It's called Aversion Therapy for a reason! Look it up, people! It's not supposed to be fun. In most cases however, they make you puke and then drink. I signed on for this voluntarily.

I've tried other modalities. They didn't work. Believe me, if I thought that something else would have worked, I would have done that. As I've already said, I owe my life to Schick Shadel. It was the best and worst time of my life. Don't let the message of the article fool you. I've never laughed so hard and made so many friends in my life. Of the 100 or so contacts in my phone book, about 30 of them are people I've met in treatment that I know I can call on at any time. One guy sat with me in the hospital for a night, shortly after my leaving. We're all going through the same thing. Most of us have tried other centers, to no avail.

The treatment is severe, but not inhumane. We're all there VOLUNTARILY! They don't take people on court deferrments. The aftercare that I received, as well as all of the patients I spoke with, was top notch. Of course you don't remember getting to your room after a rehabilitation interview. That's kind of the point. You are monitored for some time before being taken to your room and put to bed.

I do appreciate that the newscaster brings up the sucess rate with the reporter. Schick Shadel works! It's not for everyone though!

No comments: